I must apologize for not writing anything for a month. This is mostly directed at myself, for being awful at keeping up with a passion or project I enjoy. Around the holidays, my Bipolar depression usually wraps its poisonous claws around me.
Regarding last month’s post: I did not succeed at NaNoWriMo. To be honest, I have never won as my work does not get very far.
I also had a epiphany, or so I thought, during November. While I enjoy developing stories and characters, I don’t think I should write a novel. Descriptions are something I may never get better at.
You might ask why I don’t try a comic instead, and my answer will be: my art is not good enough. I can only draw females decently, and only at certain angles.
As for game development? I prefer to work in a team, and I’m already in one for a group project.
Perhaps I will gain better knowledge this year. I won’t reflect on last year or speak of the chaos surrounding it. Anything I would say, has already been said much better by other people.
Discussing the future might be a better idea. Not in the form of resolutions, but desires instead.
What do I want to happen within a year?
- Progress Ghost Shards enough to market it in the form of social media
- Finish at least 10 sketches to finished illustrations
- Discover what medium to use for my storytelling: novels, games, or comics
- Fight against Bipolar depression and obtain my energy by working out, in turn lessening my back pain
- Receive my own personal income through SSI benefits, after waiting years
- Replace my current laptop to something more functional
- Take a trip to Michigan to visit my friends and family
Number 6 will actually be the most difficult one, due to having no income. There is still a possibility of me achieving it simply by using gift cards obtained through Swagbucks * and Microsoft Points.
*Clicking this will allow you to sign up for Swagbucks using my referral link
Berry Bits Previews
I am nearing the end of several series and games, such as:
- Metal Gear
- The Rose and the Dagger
- Pokemon Moon
- Omega Quintet
Current and Finished Works
That’s all for now, and let’s hope, that with a new year, we all get a little closer to our dreams!